In the majority of cases, birth injuries cannot be prevented — even by the most experienced medical professionals. When a birth injury is caused by a medical error or negligence, however, responsible parties should be held liable for financial damages. Hospitals and doctors have malpractice insurance specifically for these types of situations, so it is reasonable to hold them accountable for a mistake or for delivering less than the standard level of care.
When faced with the devastation caused by birth trauma and injury, turn to Law Office of Robert J. Krakow, P.C., for the legal help you need. My Manhattan law firm handles all types of complex medical malpractice claims, including birth injuries to both babies and mothers and wrongful death. I have been an attorney since 1979, and injury claims are a primary focus of my practice. I am dedicated to helping you obtain the justice and financial recovery you deserve.
I Can Help With Even The Most Complex Malpractice Claims
Birth injuries often require long-term and expensive medical care and treatment, intensifying the need for fair and just financial compensation. As an experienced New York lawyer, I can assist with all aspects of birth injury claims, including those related to the following:
- Cerebral palsy — trauma before or during birth can cause problems with sensation, muscle tone, movement and coordination
- Bell's palsy — paralysis of one side of a baby's face
- Asphyxiation — lack of oxygen during or after delivery that causes neurological damage
- Brachial plexus injuries — damage to nerves that transmit signals to the hand, arm and shoulder that can occur when a baby is pulled or physically manipulated during birth
- Erb's palsy — a form of brachial plexus that occurs when a baby's neck is stretched too far to one side during delivery
- Traumatic brain injury — head trauma or asphyxiation that results in lasting brain impairment
- Death during childbirth — death of mother, baby or both before labor begins, during labor and delivery or shortly after birth
Take The First Step. I'll Guide You Through The Rest
In any birth injury case, your first step is to contact an attorney to discuss your claim. You can call my office at 866-604-1007 to set up a free initial consultation. Or, if you prefer, you may fill out the online contact form and I will get back to you as soon as I can.